Saturday, January 28, 2012

How I Wish to pimp up my T-Bolt.

1)Proton T-Bolt is a bike from Malaysian company, taken its design from EPX Terrashark MTB Australia. The concept is similar as new mitshubishi lancer to Proton Inspira. Nowadays, proton do not sell any more bikes. I Dunno why, but I believe they dont make lots of profit from it.

2)I keep ponder on either this 1k purchase is worth it or not. several years before this new bike cost about 2.3k. but I managed to buy it 2nd hand from a johorian rider. I plan to convert this bike for off-road purposes not on-road. or maybe downhill if i dare enough to done such stunt.this bike is full-suspension not a hardtail. thus, it is a bit inefficient and energy wastage on road.

3) what makes me want to work on this bike is due to:
-it,s beautiful and unique shape, handmand carbon monoque frame and its suspension. moreover, i am planning this is to be my 2012 bike project.
- lastly, it is 'proton piece'.maybe the value will be more for 20 years. who knows? it is history piece someday for sure.

4)my ideas and cost.

-fork from rst capa to at least rock shock dart 3=rm 350, i wish have extra money for triple clip fork.
-brakes from mechanical to hydraulic=tektro draco=rm 200
-flat handlebar and stem=rm150
-terrashark swingarm=??-could not find site where can i buy this stuff...
-maxxis downhill manion tires=rm150.

total cost+rm850 at least,huh.i think better to change new bike. haha.
alright, it is been set for the next 6 month my bike will look from this.



to this.


or worse case scenario will probably be in this site;.hehe



my last post is last February 2011,it,s been a year not updating, i,m looking forward to share more later...till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment